Manor ISD is inviting its elmentary teachers to apply for a new grant-funded program with Texas A&M University wherein participants can earn a Master’s degree in Educational Administration, TexES Principal Certification, and TExES ESL Teacher Certification.
Accelerated Preparation of Leaders for Under-served Schools (A-PLUS) and Preparing Academic Leaders (PAL) are new federal U.S. Department of Education grants awarded to the Education Leadership Research Center and the Center for Research and Development in Dual Language and Literacy Acquisition, College of Education and Human Development, Texas A&M University.
The M.Ed. program is formatted as an online cohort model with an accelerated pace of four semesters (including summer) with some face-to-face meetings, and participants may remain in a full-time teaching role. A residency model is included.
Cohort 1 starts in Summer 20-19, and Cohort 2 starts in Fall 2019.
Applicants should apply between Aug.1, 2018-Dec. 1, 2018.
- Texas elementary teacher certification
- Serving on high-need campuses inclusive
- of English learners (ELs)
- Two years of full-time classroom teaching
- Desire to continue to serve on high-need
- Application fee (nonrefundable $65 for
- domestic applicants and $90 for
- international applicants)
- Initial Essay
- Official transcripts
- Three letters of professional
- Professional résumé
- TEA Certificate & TEA ID number*
- No GRE required
Scholarships are Available
Upon university acceptance, scholarship offers in the amounts between $9,000 to $20,000 will be applied based on the following selection criteria:
- GPA (2.5 or higher)
- Face-to-Face interview
- • Essay writing sample at interview
- Experience in aspects of campus and community
- Experiences in working with English learners and
- economically challenged students
- Professional letters of recommendation